There are a lot of songs I don’t like because they give me the creeps. I heard one on the radio this week so I thought I would make a list of my all time top three creepy songs that I really hate.
- Vienna by Ultravox
- Scarborough Fair by Simon & Garfunkel
- The Days of Pearly Spencer by David McWilliams
Vienna in particular is HORRIBLE! It reminds me of a recurring nightmare I used to have when I was about seven. I might write about that another time.
To balance this post out, here are three old songs that always cheer me up. There are lots of modern songs that cheer me up, but I thought I would choose older ones that I like because the songs above are old.
- Your Smiling Face by James Taylor
- Now That We’ve Found Love by Heavy D and The Boyz! With a Z!
- Simon Smith and his Amazing Dancing Bear (although I’m totally against dancing bears) by Randy Newman.
Note the last one there isn’t by the Muppets originally, but it was the only version I could find on YouTube. It’s funny as well.
What songs freak you out?